I have heard that the 25% set aside for clean up projects has already been accounted for fifteen days into July. Obviously, there must have been projects in the que that took up that funding immediately.
Remember, a key difference from the way the COAF has operated over nearly the last decade is that COAF will require 10% match on all clean up projects.
Also, check out the revised Priority Investment Map to see if your project would qualify for COAF.
Clean Ohio Assistance Fund Update
Additional $10M for the COAF program is now available (effective July 1, 2011). The majority of funding, 75%, will be utilized for projects requesting $300,000 or less. This includes both assessment and cleanup projects. The remaining 25% of funding will be set aside for cleanup projects requesting more than $300,000. Additionally, all cleanup applications are required to provide 10% matching funds. Application documents have been revised and are available online. Be sure to download the new version – COAF Application.
The Priority Investment Area map has been updated for the July 2011 – December 2011 term. To be eligible for the COAF program, projects must be located within an area designated on the Priority Investment Area map.